Friday, August 16, 2013

Those Eyes...

Two years ago yesterday (8/14), I had spent the whole weekend cleaning my house and getting it all put together with the help of my parents after my marriage ended abruptly. It was night time and I was tired and just wanted to lay down and cry because life had yet again not followed the planned path and took the woods and made a path where there wasn't one. A friend of mine called and insisted that I meet them at Hooter's and just hang out because I didn't need to be alone. I said "I look like hell, but I'll come out for a bit." Unbeknownst to anyone in attendance that night, it would become the night that I look back on and remember with fondness looking into another pair of eyes that reflected the same pain that I had been through. Over the next couple of months, I would find that those eyes held so much pain, fear, hurt, anguish and even tears. In October, we will celebrate two years together. Since that random night two years ago, I've found so much more in those eyes: love, faith, trust, passion, my future, strength, honesty, laughter, amongst many other things. This journey gets better every single moment that I share with him. Blessed beyond measure.

No comments:

Post a Comment