Thursday, October 24, 2013

When You Were

It's funny how a song can not only speak to your heart (and mind), but can speak differently to different people. 

For instance, there's a new song I've heard half a dozen times and the more I listened, the more it just really related to a situation from my past, but I listen from a different perspective than the musician sings from.

The actual lyrics are, "I hope he buys you flowers. I hope he holds your hand, Give you all his hours,
When he has the chance. Take you to every party, 'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance,
Do all the things I should have done, When I was your man."

Except when I hear it, I can't help but thinking it could easily change just a couple of words and dedicate to those girls that come into your ex's life once your time has expired as a couple. And not the fall by the wayside ex, the one that treated you like complete trash yet treats the next girl like a queen.

"I hope he buys you flowers. I hope he holds your hand, Give you all his hours,
When he has the chance. Take you to every party, 'Cause I remember how much you loved to dance,
Do all the things he should have done, When he was my man."

Treasure and respect her while you can before she wakes up and realizes she deserves better.

No comments:

Post a Comment